Festivities Are Over – How to Settle Back in at Work
January is a month full of promise – there’s a whole new year just waiting for you to achieve greatness (and I know you can do it!). However, it’s also a month where many of us are feeling a little glum due to the party season coming to an end, predictably dull weather and a incredibly long wait for summer holidays, sunny days and the next exciting event.
The secret to January is focusing on the positives and the promise, rather than the downsides (and as someone who has had a chest infection for almost 2 months, I can assure you I am going to be putting some of these into action myself!). Here are some of my top tips to help you settle back in at work and make 2017 the best you’ve had.
How to settle back in after your Christmas break
The time you have taken away from the office may have left you feeling fantastically refreshed, but chances are that the Christmas period has been packed with parties, family events and general overindulgence so you may not be all that rejuvenated.
If you work in a fast-paced industry, launching yourself back in at the deep end can undo the relaxation you did manage. How you approach your return to work will affect how stressful it is, and following these steps will help to ensure it’s as seamless, and productive, as possible.
- Schedule a meeting with your manager and your team members to find out what went while you were away. What needs to be dealt with urgently? What information do you need to know?
- When you decide to tackle the behemoth that is an email inbox unmonitored for a week or more remember to employ the 4 Ds:
- Do it
- Delete it
- Delegate it
- Defer it
- Read our blogs on spending less time your inbox to learn more about effective email management
- Set plans and objectives for 2017. Make sure these are achievable and measurable – don’t add to your stress with goals which are impossible to complete. Take the time to review and revise any carried forward.
- Book your next holiday! Having something to look forward to is an unbeatable motivation tool, so make sure to use it on yourself. Whether you want to plan a special night out, a short city break or a mammoth road-trip, get in touch and enlist our help. We’ll make sure you have something worth working for!
- Start as you mean to go on – create a to-do list and stick to it. Don’t let your time management skills slide just because you’ve been away for a week or two. Make it a fresh start, a new beginning and the next step to becoming the best you can be!
cushion the impact provides award winning personal and virtual assistance and customised lifestyle management for hard working and hard living individuals and small business owners. We know there aren’t enough hours in the day, so let us help you live an organised, efficient, & fulfilling life. Take a deep breath & call us today. Your personal service awaits!!